Bridal makeup should not be left during the last minutes of wedding preparations. Otherwise, it can very make or break your overall wedding look. The first question when choosing perfect makeup look for your wedding day would be whether to call in a professional or go DIY. If you think you have the skills and the right makeup products and tools, you can save a good amount by going DIY. However, if you are unsure about your makeup skills, call in an expert to work on your bridal makeup.
While searching for a good makeup expert, circlesofsubiaco.com.au offers these few bridal makeup tips to make sure you look nothing less than perfect on your big day:
Look Better, But Still Like Yourself
Remember that the idea is to still look like yourself on your big day, but just a bit better than you would on normal days. So, keep your makeup as similar to what you regularly wear as possible and highlight the best features of your face.
Match Your Skin Tone
More importantly, match your makeup with your skin tone. Otherwise, you will end up looking like a clown. A blotchy makeup is strict no-no for this special day. While it may go unnoticed in person, the pictures are surely going to highlight it.
Other bridal makeup tips you should take note of include the following:
- Focusing on either the eye or the lips rather than both
- Using an eyelash curler for perky eyes
- Using waterproof makeup and mascara to avoid “raccoon eyes”
- Using a primer to make the makeup appear even
- Using a highlighter to make your face look brighter
- Using a good quality and long-lasting lipstick, preferably with a lip liner that keeps the colour in place
- Getting a classic manicure and pedicure done
- Investing in teeth whitening
- Using deodorants or baby wipes to keep sweat at bay
With the best bridal makeup, you will be a ravishing bride as you walk down the aisle and say your “I do.”